It’s clear to us at VEM Global™ that online video is here to stay. Consumers are watching more of it and will soon be expecting it from every business. With video, the possibilities are endless for communicating your brand’s messages. Some facts we can’t ignore:
- 178 million American Internet users watched online video in April 2010 (this is 83.5% of the total US Internet audience)
- YouTube is the 2nd most-used search engine behind Google
- If YouTube were a nation, it would be the 3rd most populous country in the world – behind China and India and ahead of the US and Indonesia. About 450 million people worldwide view more than 60 billion videos each month on YouTube.com
So, if your business has a video, what can you do with it? Here are just five ways to use your video on the Internet, but don’t stop here – remember, the possibilities are endless!
- Put your video on your website. This is the one place your online video should always reside. Online consumers today are finding you somewhere on the Internet and are most likely going to check out your website before buying. By having your video clearly visible on your website you are giving the consumer an easy way to understand your business objectives and to decide if you are what they need.
- Distribute your video to video networks. There are a ton of websites out there that will host your video for FREE. Websites that millions of users use EVERY DAY – sites like YouTube, MetaCafé, Yahoo Video and MSN Video are all FREE for consumers to peruse, and FREE for you to upload and display your message. Check out this list of the Top 10 Video Sites for more ideas on where to put your videos.
- Use your video footage to create commercials to actively promote your business. Beyond general business overview videos, you can create online commercials for brand awareness and to promote your special offers. If you have footage of your business, companies like VEM Global™ can create a professional TV commercial from it and distribute it to online TV sites like Hulu, Google TV network and more.
- Put your video in your online advertisements – listings, banners, etc. Since online video has become so popular, most advertising websites are now adding video to their ads. Sites like ResortsandLodges.com, HotelsorMotels.com or MoreContractors.com all include space for online video in their listings and banners. The next time you buy a business listing – make sure they have space for your online video!
- Put your video on your blog and other social media sites like Facebook. If you haven’t noticed, social media has also become very popular for promoting brands. Consumers are spending vast amounts of time on social media sites. If your business has a Facebook page or a business blog, be sure to post your business videos in each of these areas.
If you haven’t gotten the hint yet, video is a big part of the online consumer’s life. These are just the top five places we suggest you start posting your business’s video – if you have more suggestions please let us know!
Don’t have a video for your business? Please check out our VEM Global™ Video Services page or call for more information. A VEM Global™ consultant will be happy to go through our video options with you – call 1-866-757-8229 to speak with someone directly. You have to start somewhere – the first thing to do is get a video produced of your business’s products or services! Then distribute it!